La Roche Posay Effaclar Dermatological Acne System contains multiple acne medications including benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to target the major causes of acne observed by dermatologists:
Step 1. Target excess oil with the medicated gel cleanser – [2.0%] salicylic acid acne medication fights acne breakouts. Exclusive micro-exfoliating lipo hydroxy acid helps target oily areas on the skin surface to gently provide precise cell-by-cell removal of debris and dirt.
Step 2. Target clogged pores with the clarifying solution – Glycolic Acid penetrates deep to unclog pores and smooth skin texture. [0.5%] Salicylic Acid Acne Medication helps to reduce any remaining mild imperfections.
Step 3. Target acne with Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment – [5.5%] Micronized benzoyl peroxide acne medication penetrates deep into skin to fight all types of acne blemishes. Exclusive micro-exfoliating lipo hydroxy acid provides precise cell-by-cell exfoliation to smooth skin texture.
Results: Skin’s overall appearance is improved starting day 1. Acne is reduced by up to 60% in 10 days. Pores are cleared and appear diminished over time. Skin is smoother, more even and matte.
- Best for acne-prone skin
- Dermatologist tested on sensitive and multi-ethnic skin types
- Skin’s overall appearance is improved starting day 1
- Acne is reduced by up to 60% in 10 days
- Pores are cleared and appear diminished over time
- Skin is smoother, more even and matte
- Use this 3-step acne system everyday to reduce acne
- Cleanse with Effaclar Medicated Gel
- Use 2x daily, morning and evening, using fingertips in a gentle rotating motion on wet face
- Rinse thoroughly
- Apply Effaclar Clarifying Toner
- Tone up to 2x daily after cleansing, using a soft cotton ball or pad on dry face
- No rinsing necessary
- Finish with Effaclar DUO Treat up to 3x daily morning and/or evening on affected areas with a thin layer
Medicated gel cleanser: Water, sodium laureth sulfate, decyl glucoside, glycerin, sodium chloride, coco-betaine, peg-150 pentaerythrityl tetrasterate, hexylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, zinc gluconate, tetrasodium edta, polyquaternium-47, menthol, capryloyl salicylic acid, citric acid Clarifying solution: Water, alcohol denat., propanediol, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, capryloyl glycine, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, menthol, tremella fuciformis polysaccharide, butylene glycol, ophiopogon japonicus root extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract Effaclar duo: Water, isostearyl alcohol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, silica, carbomer, capryloyl salicylic acid, potassium hydroxide, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, disodium edta, epilobium angustioflium flower/leaf/stem extract