The slipsilk™ difference – Slipsilk™ is specially-commissioned and made to our exacting standards, developed and refined over ten years to provide the ultimate combination of shine, thickness, softness and durability. We use the highest grade (6A) long fiber mulberry silk, with a thickness of 22 momme and enforce the strictest quality guidelines, including non-toxic dyes.
Anti-Aging – We spend a third of our lives in bed. Silk fibers are significantly less absorbent than many other fibers, so they can help keep your skin’s moisture and expensive face and hair products where they belong, on your face and hair. Slipsilk™ can help to reduce friction, which can reduce stretching and tugging on delicate facial skin.
Anti-Sleep Crease – Ever woken up with a sleep crease? As skin ages, it loses elasticity and sleep creases can become more pronounced and longer-lasting. While the creases usually go away later that day, they can be gradually ‘ironed in’ over the years. Slipsilk™ can help to reduce friction, allowing skin to glide along the pillow while reducing extra pressure on creased skin.
Anti-Bed Head – Ordinary pillowcases can cause hair to pull and tangle throughout the night, leading to bed head in the morning and potentially damaging hair, whereas slipsilk™ can help to reduce friction. The world’s most renowned hairstylists and beauty experts have long recommended sleeping on gentle, hair friendly silk to help preserve your blow out.
Includes 1 pillowcase, King Pillowcase dimensions are 20″ x 36″
- Good for all skin types
- Machine Washable
- Anti-Sleep Crease
- Anti-Bed Head
- Shown to absorb significantly less face cream and create 43% less friction
- WHY SLEEP ON A SLIP SILK PILLOWCASE INSTEAD OF COTTON OR SATIN?
- Traditional pillowcases don’t slip, causing damage to hair and delicate facial skin. Slipsilk™ allows your skin to glide, whereas cotton scratches and tugs on delicate facial skin, resulting in premature stretching and sleep-crease. Cotton also dries out your skin and hair. It even twists your hair at the root as you sleep, which causes bed head in the short term and can damage your hair in the long term. Synthetic satin is a poor petroleum based substitute for real silk.
- Slip on over a standard or queen-size pillow
- For maximum results, use for 8 hours daily
- Washing Instructions: pH neutral liquid detergent (we recommend slip™ gentle silk wash)
- machine wash delicate 30°C (86°F) (delicates wash bag)
- hand wash 30°C (86°F)
- dry clean no trichloroethylene
- iron low heat
- steam or dry
- do not bleach
- do not tumble dry
- Traditionally, silk is hand wash and dry clean only. Ours are of the highest quality so they are machine washable, but they are still silk and need as much care as we can give them
- ALWAYS use a ph neutral liquid detergent and/or fabric softener. Silk is a natural fibre and washing in a solution that’s too acidic or alkaline can cause the silk to harden in a single wash. If you can’t find a detergent that specifies ph level then just go for one that specifies silk. Do not use bleach products
- Another important factor is water temperature. Even just slightly above 30 degrees Centigrade or 85 degrees Fahrenheit can change silk dramatically. The safest method if your machine doesn’t specify exact heat settings is either cold or just one level above cold
- A delicates bag is optional, depending on your washing machine and whether or not it tends to grab items and tear them
- If you wish to maximise the life of your pillowcase, hand washing is the ultimate method
- The gentler you wash your slip pillow case, the longer it will keep its sheen. The shinier it is, the better it will ‘slip’, which is one of the benefits to its health and beauty qualities. The same goes for drying your pillowcase, do not place in tumble dryer. In other words, the better you care for your slip pillow case, the better it will care for you.
100% Pure Mulberry Silk